[FW1] SP2 on AIX help?

I installed SP2 on my AIX 4.3.3_01 firewall last night.  I was running
4.1SP0 Enterprise Encryption Center.

It installs sweet and takes about a minute to drop the firewall, install the
new files and bring it all back up.  The problem is that once it's been
restarted, it does not allow connection from Securemote clients.  Because I
was installing this remotely (but not *through* the firewall interface) I
was unable to determine why it would not work.

I had the log viewer open and it showed a key install, and encrypted
traffic, but it was not reaching my Windows 2000 Securemote client (Build
4166/RC3  V4.1SP2)
I also got my authentication notice from the firewall... Everything seemed
to work fine, but it was not allowing traffic...  I tried IKE and FWZ.
Neither worked.

I did not turn on UDP encapsulation so I don't think that this is an issue..
I am going to try and find another client that I can use to test this, but
for now, I had to reject the package and go back to SP0.

Has anyone upgraded from SP0 to SP2 successfully or should I stop being lazy
and install SP1 first?  Was there something that I should have done before
installing the patch?

I just did the standard: installp -a -d /aixfix/fw_patch CPfw1.41.fw
4.1.2.0,  and it didn't complain about missing packages or anything.  It
brought down the firewall, and then brought it back up with no problems.  On
the client side, I even deleted and re-created the fw connection in
securemote in case keys had changed or something funky...

Joe (confused!)

Joseph Voisin, Systems Administrator, Engel Canada Inc.
www.engelmachinery.com | [email protected] |PGP Fingerprint: A20B 135D 0920 074F C7FE  D72D 88A7 2521 5138 DFC2