Van: Ujjwal Mukherjee [mailto:[email protected]]
Verzonden: maandag 16 oktober 2000 13:12
Aan: 'Tom Casaer'; 'Paul Messer';
[email protected]
Onderwerp: RE: [FW1] Cisco 2621
Urgentie: Hoog

Hi!

I can think of a solution but as Tom has said it might not allow to route
between the interfaces.
But you can try it
What you can do is provide smaller range of IP with mask.
For example on Ethernet interface 0 you can provide IP address as
192.168.61.64 mask 255.255.255.248
( it will give you a range of 192.168.61.65 to 192.168.61.70 )
and on Ethernet Interface 1 you can put IP address as 192.168.61.71 mask
255.255.255.248
(it will give you a range of 192.168.61.72 to 192.168.77 )

IP addresses on the Ethernet interfaces will not overlap with this
arrangement but I am not sure
about the IP routing issue.
Anyone with a spare Router with 2 interfaces can try out and let us know.

Regds,

ujjwal