Van: Paul Messer [mailto:[email protected]]
Verzonden: maandag 16 oktober 2000 12:22
Aan: [email protected]
Onderwerp: [FW1] Cisco 2621

Dear All,

slightly off topic ..but I know where the expertise lays on this type of
subject.......

We have a Cisco 2621 router (not yet in use)...and we want it to serve our
4 site WAN.

We have FW1 running on an NT  box and the 2621 has two ethernet ports, one
to plug the internal side of the firewall in to and the other to plug the
local Basingstoke network into.

Three of the remaining 4 serial ports are for the remaining 3 sites of our
WAN.

Firewall Internal Interface IP address = 10.10.10.10

2621 Ethernet 0 IP address = 10.10.10.1 (for historical reasons)

When I try and give Ethernet 1 the ip address = 10.10.10.2 I get a message
from the router stating that the ip address on interface 0 overlaps...does
anyone know of any way that I can set the ip addresses on the ethernet port
to be the same network i.e. a broadcast ?

The only other idea I have is to give it another ip network and route
between the two..is this the only way or are there any sensible
solutions....

Currently we have separate routers for each WAN connection and the Firewall
box plugs straight into our Basingstoke network switch which obviously adds
a bottleneck in that every packet destined for the internet has to go via
the Basingstoke network.

Any help greatfully revceived......

Paul.

This mail has been scanned for virusses at the sender's gateway.
This mail should not contain any virusses known by the latest pattern-files of any
antivirus software. If it does, please notify the system administrator via email
to [email protected].