Re: [FW1] SYN logging

There is an option called in the Properties of the Policy for SynDefender
called "Display Warning Message" (CP 4.0, sp5).  I believe this is what
actually logs the data.

If not, I do not know of any other way of stopping the logging.

Also, you could just filter out the Rule 0 violations by using the "Not In"
option of the Rule column in the Log Viewer.

David C. Diemer, CCSA, CNE
Enterprise Security Firewall Engineer
Georgia Department of Administrative Services (DOAS)
[email protected]>>> "Rodney Lacroix" <[email protected]> 10/13/00 10:07AM >>>

Anyone know how to stop the SYN Defender messages from logging?  It appears that my workstation is the biggest culprit of this - and I have no idea why.  These messages are filling up my logs - what would cause my workstation to generate these?