From: Ralf Guenthner [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 2:28 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] NT talking with NBNAME to whole world?

Hi list

Another neat problem on an NT firewall system I "inherited": I noticed after
activating the logging for the standard drop rule that the firewall system
itself was talking Netbios nbname service to systems in Argentina, USA asf.
I stopped that by unchecking "Accept outgoing packets" and setting the
interface direction to "eitherbound".

My question is: Why would this system do that, has it probably already been
hacked? There were so many different sites it was doing the nbname to I
wonder what it means?

Cheers
Ralf