From: steve [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 9:16 AM
To: Dan Hitchcock
Subject: Re: [FW1] Ping of Death

dude its a total piece of cake, check out the link
http://support.checkpoint.com/service/publisher.asp?id=55.0.206
if that dont work its the public config doc's section on checkpoint site.

just create a new service, other, define it as
for match put:
icmp, (ip_off&0x2000)
use what name you want, and then create a rule, any any whatever name, drop.
Dan Hitchcock wrote:

> Why on earth would you want to allow PING from ANY?  If you must do this,
> ping of death is one of the associated risks.  The best you can do is make
> sure the OS on all ping-able boxes has all the latest security patches
> applied.
>
> Dan Hitchcock
> CCNA, MCSE
> Network Engineer
> Xylo, Inc. (formerly employeesavings.com)
>> The work/life solution for corporate thought leaders

Death.