From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of
[email protected]
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 9:12 AM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [FW1] Blocking Access

You can block Gnutella if you only permit proxy based services (security
servers) and possibly inspect based services through your firewall. If you
allow connections based only on a tcp port you have lost. If you dont have
an internal dns server, then have a look at the sp2 release notes for
setting up inspect based dns (not only looking at the ports).

However it's possible to tunnell gnutella connections through an http
tunnell or other allowed protocol.

Lars