RE: [FW1] Re: Ace Server/FW1 Question

So what does protocol values 94, 50 and 51 actually mean?

Thanks, Ronnie.

From: [email protected]
To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: RE: [FW1] Re: Ace Server/FW1 Question
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:27:23 -0500

Am having the same problem and got this back from Checkpoint support:

Here are the list of ports that need to be open...

The filtering device has the following ports blocked:
-TCP Port 256
-UDP Port 259
-UDP Port 500
-Protocol 94, 50 and 51.
Fix: 1. To download the topology, you need to open TCP port 256, whatever
encryption scheme is used .
* If using SecuRemote 4.1, then by default the topology will be downloaded
on TCP port 264.
* If using SecuRemote 4.1 with FireWall-1 3.0b or 4.0, SecuRemote will
first try to get the topology on port 264; if it is not successful
after 30 seconds, it will try on port 256.
See the Solution: <a href="primus://:36.847">Topology Download
problems with SecuRemote 4.1/FireWall-1 4.1</a> to learn more about
this issue.
* If using SecuRemote 3.0 or 4.0 with FireWall-1 4.1, add a rule in
FireWall-1, that accepts connections from SecuRemote users to the SecuRemote
server on port 256.
2. To establish a connection between SecuRemote Client and the server:
If using the FWZ encryption scheme, open UDP port 259 for the
Authentication.

NOTE: If not using encapsulation, create rules to allow the actual traffic.
If using encapsulation, just add one rule allowing traffic on protocol
94 (0x5e) which is the new IP protocol number.
For ISAKMP, open UDP port 500 (ISAKMP service) for Authentication, and
allow traffic on protocol 50 (0x32) and 51 (0x33) which are the new
protocol numbers for ISAKMP.
NOTE: If the Firewall in the middle is FireWall-1 then you just need
to allow IPSEC.

Haven't had a chance to try this stuff yet.  If you do and get it working
let me know please.  I'm going to try again late this week or early next
week.

Kevin Martin
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

-----Original Message----- From: Victor Barrientos [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 7:18 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [FW1] Re: Ace Server/FW1 Question

Hi steve,

Check the following:

Check the encryption/authentication methods on firewall and server.

Define the FW boxes as 'Communicaton Server' on the ACE Server machine. Be
sure that Sent Node Secret check box is blank.

When defining the FW as clients on the server, make sure that the primary
node address is the IP address that the hostname of the FW resolves to. You
can do this by typing in 'hostname' on the firewall console and then pinging
the answer you get back.

Define the secondary nodes of the firewall.

Check that the user is defined properly in the security policy.

Check NAT rules. If any NAT is being done, make sure there is a rule at the
top of the policy that allows the FW's and SecurID server to talk
untranslated.

After copy the 'sdconf.rec' file into /var/ace directory, delete
/var/ace/securid and bounce FireWall-1 (fwstop; fwstart).

After the first successful communication between Firewall and ACE server, a
file called 'securid' will get created under '/var/ace' directory.

Hope this help you.

Victor Barrientos
Tivoli certified Consultant
RSA Security Certified RSA ACE/Server Engineer
* Office: +54 11 4819 3903
* Fax: +54 11 4811 7103
* Office eMail: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

* Alternative eMail:  [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
* Unifon Web Site:   http://www.unifon.com.ar <http://www.unifon.com.ar>