[FW1] Deployment platforms : Firewall-1 with switches

Greetings,
I need some information about Checkpoint firewall-1 deplayment  in an internetworking enviroment.
How does Firewall -1 work with switches and routers ( for example : Alcatel OmniSwitch/Router ).

I have a network with a firewall-1 machine as internet security gateway. And i want to use the same firewall to enforce security
in the enternal network of the company. This network has a star architechture, where each department is reached through a switch.
I've learn from checkpoint site that checkpoint firewall-1 interacts with switches to enforce security, using OPSEC partners hardware or software.

My goal is to understand what is really needed in each component of the network :
- the firewalled computer  ( licence,  the network has about 250 computers )
- switches requiements, so that firewall-1 machine should enforce security between the deparments,
- any other component.

Any link will be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

--
EPEE LEA DANIEL                    [email protected]
DOUALA1.COM SA                     Tel/fax: 237 42 42 62