Re: [FW1] Hiding multiple servers behind 1 IP address

Thanks to ALL who responded to my original question.  I have gotten further but have not quite finished the race <grin>.

Below is just using one service as an example.

I now have NAT set up as such:

 ORIG
 Source     Destination     Service
 Any        abc.123.123.1   18000

 XLATED
 Source     Destination        Service
 Original   10.6.0.50(static)  1800

And Security Policy:

 Source  Destination    Service  Action  Install On
 Any     abc.123.123.1  1800     accept  abc.123.123.1

Executing 'fw log -tfn' and then telneting from an external machine to abc.123.123.1:1800 shows 'Accept', yet this telnet is rejected.  A packet trace show my test machine sending a SYN and then the firewall sending a ACK-RST right away (despite the 'Accept'!).

Any ideas??  Also, does NAT occur before the packet is passed off to the INSPECT engine to check against the security policy?

Thanks again for all of your comments.

Regards,

-Todd

--- [email protected] (Carl E. Mankinen)