our mail is local to local.  It doesn't make sense to place all that traffic
on the firewall.

I see my options as;

#1)  NAT on the firewall to pass port 25 to my mail server, and NAT to allow
the mail server to send mail out.
#2)  SMTP Relaying - Incoming e-mail is sent to the firewall, which sends it
to my CVP server, then sends it to my Mailsweeper.  Outgoing mail hits my
Mailsweeper, then the firewall which in turn sends it out to the recipient.

What are the benifits of the different methods?  Is the SMTP relay on
firewall-1 good?  I have a ton of control over Mailsweeper - I don't see
this with the FW1 SMTP relay.  Am I missing something?

Thanks for you input;

Edwin Davidson.

http://www.primeinc.com
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email
in error please reply to the sender of the message.

The views expressed in this correspondence may not
reflect the views of Prime, Inc.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has
been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.