From: Murphy, Paul [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2000 5:23 AM
To: '[email protected]'; [email protected]
Subject: RE: [FW1] SMTP,POP3 problems

What happens in the logs?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 11 October 2000 00:53
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] SMTP,POP3 problems

I have an NT server (hardened) running FW1 4.1 SP2, freshly installed.
Three interfaces, no translation (yet).  One rule: any-any-any-accept-long.
one object:  the firewall itself.

Without FW1 running, I can make an SMTP or POP3 connection through without
any trouble, but as soon as I start FW1, I can get no connection through.

Am I blind, or am I missing something fundamental?

This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee.  It may contain
privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it.  If you have
received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.

evolvebank.com is a division of Lloyds TSB Bank plc.
Lloyds TSB Bank plc, 71 Lombard Street, London EC3P 3BS.  Registered in
England, number 2065.  Telephone No: 020 7626 1500
Lloyds TSB Scotland plc, Henry Duncan House, 120 George Street,
Edinburgh EH2 4LH.  Registered in Scotland, number 95237.  Telephone
No:Lloyds TSB Bank plc and Lloyds TSB Scotland plc are regulated by the
Personal Investment Authority and represent only the Scottish Widows
and Lloyds TSB Marketing Group for life assurance, pensions and
investment business.

Members of the UK Banking Ombudsman Scheme and signatories to the UK
Banking Code.