[FW1] Why why why nbname / rejects?

Hi Firewallers,

I've setup my locked down CP FW-1 4.1 SP2 NT4 Gateway.

I've setup Anti-spoofing, turned of implied rules, using SYNDefender gateway
etc and everything is working OK.

There are a few things in the log that I just don't understand.

1-Why some sites send us nbname
Connecting to MS hotmail (outbound) also generates nbname (actually this
throws up an antispoof alert too since my MS (Web only) Proxy for some
reason passes this to its external nic (with internal nic IP address)  &
onto the firewall (WINS TCP/IP is only enabled on the internal interface).

2-Why am I seeing rejects (in & out bound)
I've only rejected auth/ident packets (all others dropped) yet the FW
rejects http/https/smtp/dns requests with high port numbers.  SYNDefender is
mentioned at the end of the entry. Why do I get these?  Why do I reject  and
not drop them?

Could someone shed some light onto these please.

Thanks,

Shane
[email protected]
University of Wales