[FW1] Blackhat's disclosure: and so what ?!

hi,

what about this hole concerning verbosity of firewalls, german TUV discovered and disclosed at lasvegas blackhat?
While i just finished patching my fw1 to 4.1 sp2, i started playing with tuv tools and if it was correct for authentication bypassing (fwa1 weakness is patched), i was really surprised to discover that all my firewalls, these with 4.1 sp2 included were always pleased to give to whole world, their interface IP address, naturally private too
I understood the origin of that in tuv paper, but is it really impossible to fix this problem, compatibility reasons ?
is Checkpoint working on it ?
Another point hurt my curiousity, why fw-1 trust an ip address inside a tcp data payload instead of inside tcp headers. When u use fw tuv tools, u can choose whatever ip address u want because this ip is placed inside payload and is not really routed through Internet.
eg #fwfwa target 127.0.0.1
???

Thanx
Gregory Duchemin