From: Jarmoc, Jeff
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 9:27 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Management Console using non-routable IP.

This situation has cause me a lot of trouble.  Here's how everything is
currently configured;

Management console -
Running on NT 4.0, using a 1918 non routable IP. - 192.168.1.1.  The 650 is
handling NAT for this device, giving it the virtual IP of 73.1.1.1

Nokia 650 -
multiple interfaces, one is on the same 1918 network as the management
workstation - 192.168.1.1, another is an internet IP - 73.1.1.2

Nokia 330 - situated in a different office, has a 1918 ip on a different
network than the above two, 192.168.2.1, and an internet interface 62.1.1.1

My problem is that I can't seem to get the management console to control
both firewalls at the same time.  I've tried various putkeys and can control
either firewall by doing this, but not both at once.  Specifically, here's
what I've tried;

On management console
putkey -n 192.168.1.1 -p password 73.1.1.2 192.168.1.2
putkey -n 73.1.1.1 -p password 62.1.1.1

on 650
putkey -n 192.168.1.2 -p password 192.168.1.1

on 330
putkey -n 62.1.1.1 -p password 73.1.1.1

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

Jeff Jarmoc - CCNA, MCSE
Network Analyst - Grubb & Ellismailto:[email protected]