[FW1] authenticate topology requests failing

Hi,

I am trying to only allow authenticated requestes for the securemote
clients. When 'respond to unauthenticated requests' is turned on, all works
fine. However, when the option is unchecked, rsecuremote prompts for a
username/password and then proceeds to tell me 'Error: Authentication
failed'. The fw1 logs say 'reason Refused Topology Request. User not defined
properly'.

Can you explain how to overcome this. I have tried with users using fw1
passwords and tacacs+.

I am using fw1sp2 and securemote 4.1sp2 DES build 4165.

Many thanks in advance.