[FW1] PPTP on Windows 2000 vs. PPTP on NT

Can anyone tell me is there is a difference between PPTP on WIN2000 vs.
NT40.  One of our sister companies is attempting to replace their NT40 Proxy
Server/PPTP server with a WIN2000 server.  While we have the PPTP
communications between us set-up under NT40 using NAT, they cannot seem to
get the WIN2000 system to start-up, although they can get it working with
another system company which is not using Firewall-1.  What we are seeing is
that the PPTP Control connection is completing successfully, however no data
is flowing.  In the FW log I see the PPTP control packet accepted but no
further data packets flowing between the PPTP Servers.

On a side note, they find our PPTP connection far less stable than their
connection to the company which does not have the Firewall in-between, are
there any known issues with performing NAT on the PPTP connection which may
cause this.

We are running FW-1 4.0 SP2 on NT if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance
Shawn Kearley

Shawn Kearley
Infrastructure Analyst