RE: [FW1] Microsoft has a new stateful inspection firewall produc t?

Title: RE: [FW1] Microsoft has a new stateful inspection firewall produc t?

For what it's worth,  I'm basically an NT guy to start with... I played with the new Microsoft Firewall  (release candidate 1... "out of beta" but to me that is still beta...but whatever)

I wasn't all that impressed... looks like it would make a great proxy, much like proxy 2.0.... and while it can be configured to work as a firewall, that configuration is NOT all that simple and lacks some flexibility.

For instance, if I understood everything right, it would NOT act as just a packet filter if you desired.  It will only function as a firewall if you are willing to do NAT ... which is ok, but sometimes you don't have to/want to use NAT.

And setting up rules wasn't all that easy either....  too many different places to go in the management console... too many things in different places.... nowhere near as clean as fw-1's rule base.

Jason