[FW1] Encrypting passwords

Hi Group

I know this question has been asked before but the answers have been to
vague for me to understand.

I have the following problem:

I am running an all NT network.
Win95 FTP Clients upload updates to the MS FTP server over the internet.
My NT firewall-1 box sits between the FTP Server and the Clients.

I require a means of encrypting the passwords sent to the FTP server from
the clients, I know previously someone in the group suggested SSH2 (secure
shell?) would this only work in UNIX.

It would be possible for me to install a linux FTP server and implement SSH
to encrypt the control channel but how would this impact the NT clients?

Is there a better solution available for allowing encrypted passwords to
access ftp over the internet?

Many Thanks

Richard Thornton
Edinburgh, Scotland

Common Service Agency Disclaimer

The information contained in this message may be confidential
or legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only.
If you have received this message in error or there are any
problems please notify the originator immediately.
The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this
message is strictly forbidden.