[FW1] Use of this mailing list (not inflamatory)

Thank you Rainwall and Stonesoft for your discussion.  I learned a lot.  If
any other vendors would like to discuss their CHECK POINT-related solutions
here.  I am sure many of us would love to hear about them.  Especially,
since this is a Check Point-related discussion forum.  Including all of the
products that work with the firewall: including Nokia, SSH, OSes, hardware,
hacking tools, testing tools, conferences, training, interoperability, and
ANYTHING else that helps the security admin do their job better.

Do not be discouraged by flamers, though the (attached) message was not so
much a flame but a sincere opinion as to what should exist on this mailing
list.  However since this is probably the ONLY Check Point-centric mailing
list that most of us are subscribed to, this is the forum where you will
reach the most people and the greatest benefit can be seen.

This issue has no right or wrong answer until Check Point says, "Do not do
something on this mailing list."  And when they do, we all lose.  When
information is filtered by someone elses interpretation, we never get the
true or whole story.  We wouldn't expect that from the press and we
shouldn't expect that from an open forum.

If no one at all is benefitting by the discussions of vendor communications
then there wouldn't be any responses or questions regarding the
communications.  Since such posts do exist, Check Point administrators are
getting valuable information and that is the exact purpose of this list.

So please be open to communications that may not exactly concern you or your
environment, like the message below that states they already had a solution
and that is why they didn't care.  And IF POSSIBLE please keep things
professional.  I learn so much from this list as I am sure you do.  And
messages like the one I am writing and the the one I am responding to only
take up valuable time that many of us don't have.