Re[2]: Answer: Re: [FW1] Rainwall-E vs StoneBeat FullCluster

MD> I'm glad StoneSoft has finally posted their rebuttal to my comparison

And I'm not. Again, I may be living on another planet, I'm already
on another continent ;), but I think this is a firewall-1 related
mailing list, not a marketing tool or a newsgroup.
It's even RUN by Checkpoint itself, and your self-promotion for both
of your products shouldn't be here.

Stonesoft didn't really post here, it just reacted. But they had
no choice, with such a comparison beeing publicly posted, they
had to answer. I would have preferred thye just answered something
like what I'm posting here ("we won't enter this game with you")
but they didn't. Too bad ;) Anyway, the way Stonesoft replied to
your mail was extremely professional, imho, preferring to refer
existing documents rather than enter an (even profesionnal and
nice looking) flamewar.

"Never listens to the technical arguments and counter-arguments
of someone who has something to sell" is my way of working.

Always prefer comparisons made by third parties, or better, your
own experience.

All hardware and software vendors have to learn by heart a little
booklet with the main drawbacks of all the other competing
solutions, everyone that has worked with many vendors knows that.

Choosing a product is not comparing two booklets full of the
drawbacks of each solution, it's choosing the one that first
of all you know well (could easily debug yourself), and then
matches your needs as much as possible. Choosing the "best
product" is certainly not the immediate solution to all
problems as many people seem to believe.

Just my two cents.

I have no intention of buying either Stonesoft or Rainwall as i'm
more than happy with my current hardware solution ;-).