From: Patrick Baird [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 11:21 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] SecuRemote & Win98

About amonth ago I created a document that outlines the steps for WinNT and
SecuRemote, and didn't include info for Win98 because we were not supporting
it.

Now we are, because some upper level decided he needed it.

Anyway, here's my problem.

The install went fine, I've added force_udp_encapsulation to the userc.C
file, my lmhosts file is correctly updated, I've placed my WINS servers in
the Dial up properties.

When I dial out to MSN, this works for NT, I successfully authenticate to
the firewall.  When the key exchange is occurring I get the error:

"Error: Communication with site  has failed"  When this occurs I see the
Icon showing that is is blocking traffic.  Checking the policy menu, shows
that outbound & encrypted is selected, and changes any of the options is
disabled as it should be.  Remember, this works fine through MSN using
WinNT.  SDL is disabled because the documentatio nsayd it only works for
LAN.

Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

PDB