[FW1] Issues with IE/Netscape and FTP

Hi Everyone,

I have researched CheckPoint and the Digest, but can't come up with the same
scenario as we have for the FTP problem.

We are running CheckPoint 4.0 SP7 on Sun 2.6 with the latest patches.

Our problem is this:  we host a Microsoft FTP site behind our firewall, we
have PASV ftp enabled and we have our rule for allowing FTP to this server.
Using dos ftp works fine, using any browser to ftp a file, only
right-clicking and saving the file works, double-clicking the file just
hangs then times out. Sometimes depending on the browser just getting to the
ftp site hangs.  It is not a very busy site, with maybe 30-40 connections at
once. The server is not overloaded and neither is the bandwidth for our
pipe.

I did see the postings about commenting out the #define FTP_ENFORCE_NL entry
in the base.def.  I did this and it did not help.  From discussions, that
seems to help if you are going out your firewall to a site, but not into the
site.

Does anyone have any other ideas on this?

Thanks in advance,
Sue

"WorldSecure" made the following
 annotations on 10/04/00 09:46:07

[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
This message was scanned with Network Associates Viper,
and no viruses were detected.