Re: [FW1] Management server connected to multiple networks?

"Jesse St. Laurent" wrote:

> I currently have a management server that is connected to two networks (A
> and B). Let's say network A is 10.x.x.x and network B is 192.168.x.x. I have
> a number of firewalls on the A network that are currently managed with no
> problems.
>
> I am in the process of trying to get a new firewall up on network B and not
> able to push down a rulebase. I get an authentication failed. The strange
> thing is that the IP referenced in the authentication failed message is the
> management consoles IP on the A network.
>
> The management server and firewall objects in question all list network B as
> their primary IP. The firewall in question lists its master as the network B
> address of the management server.
>
> I have redone the putkeys several times and still no luck pushing the
> policy.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>  - Jesse

You have to do a "fw putkey -n <official lic-address mgmtmod> <official
lic-addres fwmod> <closest ipaddress of fwmod>"

Also don't forget to first fwstop both mgmt as fw machines, then this fw
putkeyn, then fwstart on mgmt, and then fwstart on fw machine.

Hope this helps, it did for us, having quite the same
networkconfiguration.

--
Guido Van De Velde
LUDIT - KULeuvenNet