RE: [FW1] Accelerator Card

I don't know if it's the same on Solaris as NT but ...

When I installed an accelerator card in a Proliant 5500R it blue screened
when you tried to do a lunadiag, even though the NT event log identified the
card.

This is a known issue on the CP site - all you have to do is to move the
card before any "PCI Bridge" devices. CP can't tell me what types of card
fall into a  "PCI Bridge" category but ...

If you place the card in the highest priority slot it works fine (on a
Compaq 5500R the right most slot if you are stood at the front, ie on the
Primary PCI bus and furthest from the secondary bus).

I also know that array accelerator cards and NIC's seem to fall into this
category which makes it kind of fun to install a card after building the
firewall since you have to strip down and re-install as the NIC bindings
fail (IPCONFIG shows random NIC's but not all of them)

The process I had to use was
	Perform a backup of the machine and copy FW1 directory somewhere
safe
	Move array accelerator card
	Move NICs
	Restart the OS
	Remove FW1 (this also deletes all logs and policies - which is
stupid !)
	Remove the NIC drivers
	Re-install the NIC drivers, reconfigure IP.
	Re-install FW-1
	Drag back all the config files
	Install the LUNA driver
	Update the NIC info in the policy
	Re-install the policy
	Test

If it helps, our cards are in this order (left to right)

	SMART Array controller - HDD controller
	Standard SCSI adapter for backups
	Standard Compaq NIC (Intel)
	Adaptec 4 port NIC
	Adaptec 4 port NIC
	LUNA card
	Compaq RIB Board (OOB management) - must go in specific slots !

This took me all night for a simple "find a spare PCI slot", reboot and "Run
Setup" documented in the manual.

Oh -- and don't forget to do a fwstop before running a lunadiag ....

Good luck

Regards

Tim