[FW1] FW1 Error : FW1 only 50 internal hosts allowed

I know it sound like I've got the external inteface configured incorrectly
but I haven't. I've got a brand new box (NT SP6a) not connected to anything,
I've got my bright shiny FW-1 v4.1 SP1 and a fresh license. its all
installed OK but when the firewall service starts i get the FW1 only 50
internal hosts allowed error message in my NT syslog as well as another
couple of messages in the applog, Unable to read IO control information from
NBT device and Error Using external interface 'E100B1'
E100B1 is my external interface, the external.if file is correct, I've
deleted the two files the maintain the list of internal hosts but still this
error. Any Clues???

I also cannot communicate from a machine on the external network to one on
my DMZ even with all rules in my rulebase set to accept!!! Nothing at all
comes up in the FW log. (I am using NAT, local.arp is configured correctly
and my route table is also correct)

To make things worse It all worked when I had my eval license installed.

Dumb question but does this all sound like a licensing issue?? If so I will
push Checkpoint harder to resolve this problem.

TIA
Graeme Patterson
Systems Administrator
Elcom Technolgy Pty Ltd