[FW1] Securemote / double NAT / FWZ - Does this work or more vapor-ware?

I have some users who need to connect to our corporate network from home.
I have no problems with the ones that are using a modem to dial a local
ISP, but I cannot get the ones using 'cable modems' or DSL to work.
My problem comes from the fact that we (corporate) perform hide NATing and
the users do too.
I have just read the release notes for SP2 (4.1) and find that a) FWZ is
not supported for double NAT and that the IPSec mode involves a lot of
editing.
We have been running CP FW-1 for over three years now and have been
promised with EVERY new version that there would be a way of having our
home workers and road warriors to be able to securely connect to our
corporate network.
Has anybody been able to make the scenario I have (machine - cable modem -
NAT - internet - NAT - firewall - Corp LAN) work?
If so can they please post how they did it? I am running 4.1 SP1 do I have
to upgrade ?
Paul
PS: I have the added 'fun' of two machines running StoneBeat.