From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 02 October 2000 18:36
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] L2TP tunneling through FW-1

Hi everyone,

One of our customers wants us to set up an L2TP tunnel through Firewall-1.
The
aim is to let external W2K clients connect to a W2K RAS-server in the DMZ
using
W2K encryption features (IPSEC encapsulated in L2TP). I am not familiar with
L2TP and would like to know if it is possible with and without NAT on FW-1.
As
far as I understand, FW-1 can't apply rules to these packets or perform NAT
on
them. Anyone has any experience with this?

TIA,

Tim De Boeck
System Engineer
Econocom Services