Re: [FW1] Nokia: Possible serious bug in IPSO Voyager interface.

I've had this problem twice, while tunnelling http over ssh on Netscape.

It seems to only happen in Netscape and not IE.

Nokia are you reading this ?

From: "McMeekin, Scott" <[email protected]>
To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
Subject: [FW1] Nokia: Possible serious bug in IPSO Voyager interface.
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:22:50 -0000

Hi,

I am unable to reproduce this problem, but it's happened twice now and it's
causing real concern. Has anyone else who is running Nokia firewalls ever
experienced an inexplicable loss of a variable number of static routes? I'm
using F-secure ssh v1.0 and Netscape Navigator to securely forward the http
Voyager interface to an IP440 running IPSO 3.2.1.

What happened was at some point in the last couple of days I've been using
the voyager interface to look at a few things (no changes were made). Today
I get a call to say some connectivity has been lost, and on checking various
routing tables in other routers, certain routes appeared to have vanished. I
checked the firewall and Lo and Behold, 15 static routes (which get
redistributed internally) had vanished! After the initial scratching of
heads, I restored the IPSO backup and all was well, however this a serious
enough occurance to merit immediate and thorough investigation.

Anyone experienced this before I go wading into the support channels?

Many thanks,

Scott.

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is regulated by IMRO, SFA and Personal Investment Authority.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.

'Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.'