[FW1] Re: Telnet to aliased int. (was:anti-spoofing on aliased interfaces)

Dieter,

First off, I wouldn't have telnet listening on your
fw. If you really need to have something like
this, I would suggest ssh or direct connect to
the console port if possible.

Have you created another object for the fw's
virtual interface and then blocked it?

That which is not expressly granted should be
denied (dropped, logged, reviewed, etc.) So
take a look at your rules to see why your telnet
succeeded.

Robert

- -
Robert P. MacDonald, Network Engineer