Re: [FW1] anti-spoofing on aliased interfaces

Just another problem related to virtual interfaces:

I've blocked telnet to the firewall - but I can still connect to the telnetd
using a virtual interface as destination! How can I block that?

TIA,

Dieter Gobbers

On 29-Sep-00 Karim Ismail/Markham/Contr/AT&T/IJV wrote:

> Lance
>
> the virtual addresses do not show up in FW-1 interfaces screen
>
> FW-1 ignores virtual interfaces, so anti-spoofing is performed on the
> physical interface.    if you want to use virtual
> interfaces with anti-spoofing, define 2 net objects (one for each subnet)
> and create a group consisting of those objects.
> then you can put the group in the physical interfaces anti-spoofing entry,
> just as if there were another physical network
> connected to the interface.
>

> Karim Ismail
> Internet: [email protected]
>

> Lance Spitzner <[email protected]> on 09/29/2000 02:33:53 PM
>
> Please respond to Lance Spitzner <[email protected]>
>
> To:   [email protected]
> cc:
> Subject:  [FW1] anti-spoofing on aliased interfaces
>

> I've aliased an interface (hme0:1) on FW ver 4.1, running on Solaris.
>
> Can one add an aliased interface to the interface objects
> on a firewall?
>
> Can one setup anti-spoofing on an aliased interface?
>
> Last, does the aliased interface show up on the 'fw stat -li'
> command?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Lance Spitzner
> http://www.enteract.com/~lspitz

> ==

> ==

Dieter Gobbers
UNIX Systems and Network Administrator
--
im Auftrag des FAW Ulm (http://www.faw.uni-ulm.de)

Ingenieurbuero Dieter Gobbers; Unix- und Netzwerkberatung und -betreuung
Kreuzstr. 19, 89160 Dornstadt, Tel.: 07348/928538
email: [email protected], http://www.gobbers.de