RE: [FW1] Securemote Issue....

Yes - the DHCP fix worked for us and has cleared up most problems. People
with manually fixed IP still have to manually change though :-(

Tim Higgins

                    Dan Hitchcock <[email protected]>
                    Sent by:                                    To:     "'Robert MacDonald'" <[email protected]>,
                    [email protected]        [email protected]
                    kpoint.com                                  cc:
                                                                Subject:     RE: [FW1] Securemote Issue....

                    29/09/00 22:18

Relevant links for DHCP on 98/Me (a bit off topic, I know, but relevant to
the hoardes of us using Windows as an SR client):

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q220/8/74.ASP (discusses
*helpful* IP Autoconfiguration support in Win9x, and how to kill it.  This
seems to work.)

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q217/0/35.ASP (how to make
98/Me release DHCP information on shutdown.  Interesting reading, sounds
nice and official, but doesn't actually work :)

I ended up using hardware profiles to get around this issue.  Another
appealing option is just to go back to Win95, which worked great with SR in
my experience :)

Dan Hitchcock
CCNA, MCSE
Network Engineer
Xylo, Inc. (formerly employeesavings.com)The work/life solution for corporate thought leaders