RE: [FW1] Firewall

Sorry their public documentation is pretty poor - at least what I found.
They have a claim of dynamic packet filtering.  It is not clear whether
this product uses a shim driver that passes packet to a fw component for
comparison against a filter list (i.e.,if it the fw died would that
inherently stop the ability for the box to pass packets.)  Also, if
IPFORWARDING in the kernel is disabled as the default I would guess that
all would be well with the exception that the box itself might not be
shielded from attacks - that should be where the a low level shim would be
reasonable.

I still would say the devil may be in the details.  Any idea why this box
is not ICSA certified - after all it is MS and $$$ aren't exactly limited.