[FW1] automating script to restart MDQ

Hi All,

I have a script but it does not seem to work. I also need to automate the
script to
run every 60 minutes through some kind of cron job.  Can you tell me what is
wrong with the script and how can I automate it. I would appreciate a quick
response.

Here is the script (restartmdq) I have written.

#!/bin/csh
# restart mdq... pick up any "forgotten" mail
 set pid = ( ps ugxaw | grep mdq | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' )
 if ( "$pid" != "" ) then
     kill "$pid"
 endif
# FW-1 in.asmtpd will automatically restart another mdq

When I type set I don't see the pid being set to the mdq pid.

Can someone help. We are having to manually restart the mdq process.

Thanks in advance

Kamran