RE: [FW1] Valid SMTP Message-ID

The format of a message ID is
	'<' <unique part>'@' <host part> '>'

The unique part is usually a timestamp, or timestamp + Sendmail queue ID.

The host part can be just the name of your domain.

The '<' '@' and '>' are ALL literal.

For example: <@nz.eds.com> would be a valid message ID for my
site

If the outbound messages are being handed to Sendmail for onward delivery,
you can safely remove the entire header, and then let Sendmail create a new
header.

Tim

--
Timothy Frost			mailto:[email protected]
EDS New Zealand			Fax: +64-4-495-0473