Re: [FW1] New 4.1 Purchase - Should it include SP2 ??

Hello Jason

> We are looking at purchasing FW-1 4.1  (for NT).. my question is,
> should it include the service packs that are released up to this date
> ? or do you still have to buy the 'software support' package ?

Dunno that ...

> IF we still have to buy the package, do we receive login information
> so we can download and install the SPs prior to waiting the month or
> two or more it will take checkpoint to generate a real license ?

Well I registered the SS license over a month ago and haven't received
the userid nor the password yet ...
So I suggest You get the software with the patches ASAP ... AFAIK there
should be CP FW-1 2000
that is 4.1 with SP1 ... I dunno are they already selling with SP2 or
not

> If we do have to wait... is 4.1 that bad out of the box ? is it
> actually useable ?  I don't want to recommend that we buy it if we
> have to wait several months before it's useable....

I don't think so ... And if you buy 2000 then you get already SP1
... Mine is running so, I haven't received
my SS uid nor my CCSE access yet ...  So checkpoint has a lot of
problems with licensing and access
so be ready for that ...

> And last but not least... as far as licensing....   it is the external
> address that we should use for generating the license, correct ?

It has to exist in your machine ... Prefferrably external ...

Mario Kadastik
CCSE
Estonian Telecommunications Co Ltd