[FW1] Authentication on 4.0

Hi all,

I am hoping someone there can give me some help on this problem I have.
I have a user in a group of 15 people. The group has access to various
services (ftp, telnet etc) through some rules using Client Auth against a
secure ID server. Now, I want to grant only this user access to another
service (terminal server) I have created a new group and added him in and
then created the rule below the others.
When the user logs in the I see him authenticate against all the rules
except the new one, when he tries to access the resource it drops the
requests.
Next I tried giving the whole group access to the terminal server and this
works fine, as he is in both groups why can he not use the rule with just
him getting access? Is there a problem with a user being in 2 groups with
different access?

I am also getting complaints that sometimes users get disconnected, it looks
possible that it happens when a policy is applied to the FW, does applying a
policy disconnect secure ID autheticated users??

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Russell

Russell Goodwin
Network Support administrator