-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Ivan
Fox
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 12:53 AM
To: fw-1-mailinglist (e-mail)
Subject: [FW1] Does ftp require rtelnet

A ftp server is setup on AIX v4.3.2 behind a firewall.  Therefore we setup a
rule to allow incoming traffic as "source destination ftp accept".  But the
ftp administrator comes and requests to change the rule to "source
destination ftp/rtelnet (port 107) accept".  He explains that without
rtelnet, users cannot change their passwords.

Being unfamiliar with AIX or Unix, your comments are appreciated.

1) Is it necessary?
2) Why rtelnet, not telnet?

Thanks,

Ivan