From: Orr, Paul [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 12:03 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] Linksys BEFSR11 question

I have purchased a Linksys EtherFast 1-Port Cable/DSL Router with the 1.35 firmware and am unable to get my VPN connection to work.  I’m running the RC2 of SecuRemote on a Windows 2000 Professional workstation.  My DSL provider is Ameritech.net and uses PPPoE.  I was able to get the SecuRemote to work prior to getting this router on my Windows 98 computer in conjunction with the EnterNet 300 PPPoE software (I couldn’t duplicate this setup if my life depended on it).  I bought the router because it does the PPPoE for me (which means no more EnterNet 300) and because their pre-sales support said that it works with any IPSec VPN including CheckPoint.  Has anyone been able to get their VPN to work using one of these routers?  If so, what did you have to do to get it to work?