Von: Mike Anning [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Montag, 25. September 2000 19:46
An: Joe Voisin
Cc: 'Claudio Lupi'; Fw-1-Mailinglist
Betreff: Re: [FW1] RE: [FW1] Firewall-1 and SAP

We've managed to convince the SAP developers (In the US) to tie it down as
much
as possible so we only have certain 32xx and 36xx ports open so it may be
worth
having a word with the developer guys to see what they can do.

Cheers
Mike

Joe Voisin <[email protected]> on 25/09/2000 18:40:33

      <[email protected]>
cc:    (bcc: Mike Anning/WEY/EU/CHEP)
Subject:  [FW1] RE: [FW1] Firewall-1 and SAP

Claudio,

REMOTE_NET             SAP_SERVERS           3200-3399 TCP (SAP_GW)
                                             3600-3602 TCP (SAP_MS)
                                             3299          (SAP_OSS)
SAP_SERVERS            REMOTE_NET            3200-3399 TCP (SAP_GW)
                                             3600-3602 TCP (SAP_MS)

You don't need the SAP_OSS ports unless you are connecting to SAP_OSS.  I
don't know, your port numbers may not be the same either.  I really don't
like the number of ports that I have to leave wide open.  We have offices in
Canada, the States, and in Europe...  So I have to leave it open to all of
our subnets. (but not the internet)

For users connecting via securemote, the same rules apply.

I've been using this for about a year now with no problems whatsoever.

Joseph Voisin, Systems Administrator, Engel Canada Inc.
www.engelmachinery.com | [email protected] |PGP Fingerprint: A20B 135D 0920 074F C7FE  D72D 88A7 2521 5138 DFC2