Re: [FW1] URL Filters -- Websense

Hi John,

I use Websense.

I have used Websense v3.0, v3.11, v4.2.0, v4.2.1, and
v4.2.2

I bashed v4 -- because it does not work correctly with
FW1 (I run Websense on a seperate NT4.0 box). I am not
sure if it works correctly on other platforms.

I am currently running v3.11 without any problems
(just like I used to!).

I bashed v4.xx because of all the problems it gave me.
For the most part, I was extremely pissed because
Websense only recently disclosed v4.x doesn't work (in
my implementation, anyway). I do not understand why
they have not contacted their clients -- as I only
found out by calling their support for help over the
last 3-4 months. Very frustrating, as I am sure you
can understand.

But, to their credit, v3.11 works great.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks -- Chris