RE: [FW1] Linksys BEFSR11 question

Title: RE: [FW1] Linksys BEFSR11 question
I'm having the same problem and was told by tech support it is a NAT problem. Service pak 2 on FW-1 is supposed to fix it. The release notes on this service pak go into pretty good detail on the problem. I have not had the chance to apply the service pak yet to see if it actually fixes the problem though.
-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Voisin [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 12:22 PM
To: 'Orr, Paul'; '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: [FW1] Linksys BEFSR11 question

Try taking a look at:
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/linksys_router_help.htm

I have it working fine with older firmware using IKE (FWZ won't work
though).

I have Cable Internet access not DSL, so I don't have to deal with
the PPPoE authentication.  I have configured one system for a friend
to go through Sympatico High Speed (DSL Provider in my area) and it
worked fine.

All I can recommend is that you:
- - turn on IPSec on the Router,
- - Make sure that you are using IKE not FWZ
- - if all else fails, put the machine you want to run securemote on in
the DMZ of the Router.
   - If you drop a machine in the DMZ, make sure it's firewalled.
ZoneAlarm is good for that.  SecureClient is also available.

If you are letting the LinkSys do the PPPoE I don't think that you
need to have the workstations doing it.  The LinkSys should do all
the PPPoE stuff for you so that it's transparent to you...

Wish I had more information for you.  If I get a chance I will go
back over and look at the configuration and post what I did.  It's
been a while.  Let me know if you get it working..

Joe

Joseph Voisin, Systems Administrator, Engel Canada Inc.
www.engelmachinery.com | [email protected] |
 PGP Fingerprint: A20B 135D 0920 074F C7FE D72D 88A7 2521 5138 DFC2