[FW1] IP Address Issue

I am installing FW-1 v4.0 SP1 from CD and when I try to configure the License or IP forwarding I get the following message from the Sun box running SOlaris 2.6 with Y2k patches:  fw_ipaddr: cannot get my ipaddr

I have verified that the interface I am trying to license the software with is active and has the IP address assigned.  Any ideas?

Scott