From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Christo Van Jaarsveld
Sent: 21 September 2000 09:04
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] Strange TCP Timeout problem

Hi

I am busy figuring out a strange TCP timeout problem. Here's the scenario: A client machine (Unix) communicates via Internet to another machine pulling a list of +/- 1Mb files accross. In theory it's working fine - the client makes the connection and the file transfer starts. Then at random time (usually 1 to 3 minutes) the session aborts because of a timeout. I am suspecting a networking problem along the route, but you never know.

Anyone out there that thinks it could be the firewall thats causing this? It's a Fw-1 4.0 (build 4031) on an Intel box. Internet is a 256K line. If so, any upgrades, patches amd so on that will be needed?

Thanks

Christo