Re: [FW1] ftp problems

We ran into a similar problem trying to FTP through the firewall both
ways. File size did not matter 110 kb or 50 mb. Our issue was an
intermittent problem that was fairly hard to replicate. Sometimes it
would not have a problem sometimes it would. Passive and active didn't
matter nor did the TCP high ports fix that Checkpoint suggested. We did
a TCP dump and it seems as if the Firewall as accepting a FIN ACK before
all of the data was passed through. At first we thought it was a problem
with the way the FTP servers TCP/IP stacks were configured but alas this
was not the case the same issue arose when using a SUN server as an FTP
box. Finally we looked into the inspect code that Checkpoint uses but
could not track down the issue. I don't know if any of this helps but
maybe some one actually figured out what was going on.

Rick