David C. Diemer, CCSA, CNE
Enterprise Security Firewall Engineer
Georgia Department of Administrative Services (DOAS)
[email protected]>>> <[email protected]> 09/19/00 01:20PM >>>
you have set access for the originating IP address for GUI clients under
firewall configuration. You have to allow the host/ip address.

'Thomas Poole

-----Original Message-----
From: John Neville [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 12:28 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] Adding a FW administrator

I am trying to add an additional administrative user with RW privileges
using the FWCONFIG command. I add the user and set the password then add the
GUI client IP.

When the person tries to log on they get an "Authentication Failed" "Cannot
connect to server" but I can log on without a problem from the same
workstation.

Platform - Solaris
CKPfw = v4.0