[FW1] Dr. Watson still happening - close to suicide

I've implemented the fwntperf.dll fix (from pre-SP2) in FW 4.1, and I am still getting Dr. Watson errors in fw_strong.exe (access violation errors).

I notice that I'm the one who is triggering it, apparently.  From home, I launch my email program to replicate my email internally.  When SecuRemote pops up, I enter my username and password, and then wait.  Eventually, the response comes back as "Failed to communicate with 'firewall IP address'".  If I then test any of my web sites that are NAT'd publicly, they fail.

This does not happen during the day, or during any of my testing (to make sure, I check the VPN authentication from a configured laptop right before I leave).

When I come in, it turns out that the server issues the Dr. Watson error, and then ceases communication (although the service is still running).  I have to stop and restart the service to get the firewall going again.  The time always coincides with my connection attempt at night.

I'm slowly losing my mind.  Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Rodney Lacroix