Re: [FW1] User authentication

Hi.

It does not matter whether your FW is on Solaris or NT.  FW will still perform user
authentication if you set it. If you use user authentication, you'll definitely
have to create and define users using User Manager. When you create a user, you'll
have to choose the authentication scheme to be used for this user.

If you look closely, the authentication schemes supported includes FW-1 password,
OS password, SecureID, Radius, TACACs, etc. If you assign a FW-1 password for a
user you have created, then the user will be prompted to key in their login name
and FW-1 password before the user can access the web servers.

However, I'm not that confident you can get Windows NT domain to authorise users
you have created in the FW database. My knowledge is, if you create users in the
FW, you have to assign authentication schemes supported as mentioned above.

You may think that if you choose OS password, it will work. However, this may only
work if your FW is on an NT box and the firewall server itself is configured to
join a domain. (no guarantee on this solution).

You may want to set up a proxy server to control users that can access your web
servers. Users will login into a domain, and then proxy will do the controlling
based on what has been configured in the proxy server.

Regards,
Lock.