[FW1] session authentication problems with routed networks ?

hi,
Last time somebody said to me that he was unable to do any session authentication between a Nokia fw1 4.0 and 4.0 agent because of a router present between these two boxes. More specially, he noticed that the first part of the fw request toward its client was done without any kind of pb, that is to say, the nokia was able to ask him for his username but instead of responding with a 331 *Password string, the nokia box sent a RST packet and so, definitly closed the connexion.
Similar tests have been made with later versions of twice, agent and firewall, and each time the same problem appears.
I did the same kind of tests in my workoffice, and got slightly different results. (sames boxes, nokia fw1 and nt/win9x client )

First i succeed to do session auth through a router/switch 3com
but didn't succeed at all through cisco routers and that even after many tries.
When i initiate connexion to outside, i just type a netstat -na
then i see my SYN_SENT to outside_ip_addr and my SYN_RECEIVED from my firewall.
But that's all folk...nothing more that just a bad timeout
No ACK from fw1 and naturally no window from session authentication.

This pb curiously doesn't appear with NT FW1.
Have some of you hear about similar problem with nokia ?

Gregory Duchemin