From: Kwast, Jeroen [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 7:35 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: [FW1] RETRY !!! Firewall 4.1SP1 rejects ftp connections
IMPORTANT

HELLO! x2

Is there not ONE of you who has any clue on this problem? This is my 2nd try
on the list.
Remember that anyone upgrading from 3.x/4.0 to 4.1 suddenly has this problem
again.

I found nothing on this at phoneboy's site; anyone?

>Hello everyone,

>I installed a few firewalls lately (3.0 / 4.0) and they all had the problem
that known high ports used by ftp (ftp-data)were dropped. (eg. lotus = 1352
tcp) I found a solution in the checkpoint website that removed this problem.
(= altering base.def)

>Now I installed a FW4.1 SP1 and these connections are rejected instead of
dropped. This resultes in the same problems for the clients. using the
solution above doesn't work here. Is there a way to remove these rejects ?